Your blog can beat up my blog.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Small Playlist Of Quirky Electronic Songs That I Enjoy

I decided to comb through my mp3 collection and create a playlist of slightly eccentric music that I like. This is all electronica. This is my first crack. Actually, my first crack is probably my butt crack. That's where most of these updates come from.

These are listed as [Artist] - [Song] - [Album]
  • Global Goon - Keep Your Fare Down - Family Glue
  • I Monster - These Are Our Children - Neveroddoreven
  • Lemon Jelly - Go ('64) - '64 - '95
  • Arling & Cameron - Dirty Robot (Tofu 1.5 Remix) - We Are A&C (w/ Bonus Trks)
  • The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist - Since I Left You
  • Mr. Scruff - Fish - Keep It Unreal
  • Mr. Scruff - Shanty Town - Keep It Unreal
  • Mouse On Mars - Actionist Respoke - Idiology
  • Orbital - Easy Serv - The Blue Album
  • Fantastic Plastic Machine - L'Aventure Fantastique - Fantastic Plastic Machine
  • Aphex Twin - Alberto Balsalm - I Care Because You Do
  • Aphex Twin - Milkman - Richard D. James Album

Global Goon is not Aphex Twin. I Monster's album title is a palindrome. Frontier Psychiatrist is one of my favorite songs. I put two Mr. Scruff songs on this list because they both fit together. Orbital isn't really eccentric sounding but Easy Serv along with Fantastic Plastic Machine's L'Aventure Fantastique make me wanna shop for groceries. I could put any Aphex Twin song on this list but I am particularly fond of Alberto Balsalm. Milkman is on here because of this: http://www.fat-pie.com/milkman.htm

3 Comments:

Blogger Razz Master said...

I think you put this random list of music on here just so you could subject others to the milkman, which by the way is in my top 400 of greatest things ever.

9:19 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You've earned the Kat Seal of Approval! I loves me some Orbital.

If you're looking for more quirky electronic, the song "Lullaby" by Morgan Greist is good. It's on Nude Dimensions Vol. 3, an all-around fabulous compilation.

Also, listen to "So Much Like Me" by the Swirl People on West Coast Sessions. Man it's like I used to write about this shit or something! :-p

BTW, that milkman video was disgustingly great. Thanks for the laugh!

10:53 AM

 
Blogger charr said...

Thanks for the recommendations.

Those are both good songs. It took me a while to.....uh......find them.

11:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home